Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Neurologist visit

Nothing much new happened at my appointment. She said that I looked great and that I am definitely doing more than I was last time she saw me. She said my right hand was doing really well and she liked that I am able to transfer objects from one side to the other. The medicine is another issue. She is increasing my keppra to 4.5 ml. I have to have blood work done in about a week and a half to check my medicine levels. She does not want to start me on a new medicine until we check my levels. There really aren't that many more medicines for focal seizures that I have not already tried or that have been ruled out. She said that because the trileptal did not work then that rules out 2 other medicines. This is because they all do the same thing and if one increases seizures then the other two will more than likely increase them. This is a very rare side effect but leave it to me to have this effect. She did talk about a new medicine that is out for focal seizures but she does not want to start me on it yet. She said we will give it a month and see how it does before we start it. This is because I'm so young and it is new. Other than that she said she wants to see us September 23rd right before we leave for Boston. She will then see us shortly after we get back. So we did have a decent appointment. Not really the news we wanted to hear medicine wise but at least I continue to develop. I wanted to let you know that keto diet is still not out of the picture, we just are not ready to do that yet. It's hard enough to get me to eat right now. In fact I look healthy and I am healthy but I'm not gaining weight like I should. So we want to focus on getting me to eat foods before we start a diet. After the appointment we went to Chuck E Cheese. It was so much fun I slept the entire time. LOL My brother had lots of fun and he even got me a toy. He is just so sweet!! Thanks for praying and I will update you soon.

No comments: