Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trying to be patient

I am now on my full dose of trileptal. We still haven't noticed that it is helping me but we are trying to be patient. Hopefully we will see some improvement within the next week. I am still much weaker than I was a week ago. Uggh we hate regression due to medicines. Again we are trying to be patient with all these changes. Speaking of patience my mommy lost all of hers with the insurance company. They wouldn't approve my topamax and were going to charge us 450 dollars for it. They said it would take 3-5 days to get it approved. Well sure enough mommy got it approved in 1. Mom said she has learned to demand what she wants through all of this. Most of the time she wins. LOL Other than that not much has changed around here. My fundraiser is Saturday. I know some of you want to know when I'm going to be there. So I'm going to be there at 12:00 when it starts. I will stay for at least an hour, hopefully longer if possible. I'm then going back around 4:00 to stay another hour or so. I wish I could stay all day but it is just way to hot for me. I hope to see you there and thanks everyone for doing this for me. It really means alot to me and my family. If you have a minute listen to my new song. This song has lots of meaning to it but to me its a reminder that I am always safe in the arms of Jesus no matter what I'm going through. I continue to develop even though I'm having all these seizures so we know that He is with me always and holding my heart!!! It also talks about His healing powers and the mighty things He can do. We don't know why God has chosen our family to go through this but we do know that I have touched many many lives and I'm not even 1 year old. So He does has a plan for me and just knowing that gives my family peace. I'm not saying it's easy but it's easier knowing that God is with us always. Love ya all, Jadon

No comments: