Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

EEG results

My EEG was actually a little better than my last one. You could see normal sleep patterns which have never been seen before. This is excellent news. My doctor said we are going to wait a week and see how I do. Even though I'm still having spasms they are not as intense so this is good. If they get worse or more intense we may have to do another round of ACTH. My doctor also said I could be developing another type of seizure. If so then we will treat with a seizure medications. We just have to wait and see. So even though I'm still having spasms its ok as long as I start to develop. Its just a wait and see process. I am grabbing toys now and reaching for things. I only hold them for a second but wow isn't that amazing:) I will update you as much as possible this week to let you know how I'm doing. We do go back to the doctor next Wednesday to see what we will do next. My mommy has my prayer cards now, so if you want some to pass out to your friends and family just email her. monica.pailet@gmail.com I love you all and thanks for your prayers just look what they are doing!!!!!

1 comment:

Donna Hodges said...

That is such wonderful news. I know your family is so happy and proud for you. You are chosen by God to show us His power when we pray. Thank you Jadon for reminding us through your tough time how miracles happen.I will continue to pray for you and your family. And Jadon thank Jacob for watching out for you.