Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Things my neurologist told me.

My doctor told me that I am doing really well. I am having some problems with the right side of my body. It's not developing as fast as my left. I use my left hand to grab things but don't really like to use my right. I can fully extend my left arm but not my right. I also don't move my right leg as well as my left. This all means I have to work really hard in therapy so I can get the right side of my body working better. The reason I'm having this trouble is because of the damage done from having so many seizures. Good news is it is possible for me to build my strenth on that side and I know I can do it. Other than that they put me on another seizure medication called keppra. I am still taking my clonazepam though. This new medicine has to get in my system before they take me off of my old one. They also said that I will probably have to start topemax next month to help control them. She said those two medicines work really good together. Overall she said these are very hard to control but I know we will get them under control. I don't have to go back to childrens for 5 weeks as long as I keep doing ok. I'm hoping this new medicine stops these spasms. Since I have been so good on all these trips to NOLA my mommy and daddy took me to the zoo after my appointment. It was lots of fun. It felt so good outside that I slept most of the time we were there. My brother had lots of fun running around. I posted a pic so you can see how relaxing it was. You know I will keep you updated so keep checking my page. I love you and thanks for continuing to pray for me!!!!

No comments: