Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Monday, April 19, 2010

We talked to lots of doctors today.


Its been a busy day for my mommy today. She is working really hard to get me some help. She talked to early steps and I should be getting therapy really soon. Thank you Ms. Julie for helping mommy get me a good therapist. After that we had to go see my pediatrician. My spasms are increased so my neurologist wanted to make sure I didn't have a virus or anything causing them to increase. I'm also not eating very good. My mommy is going to try and get me to eat and drink a little more. After I went to my pediatrician my mom had to call my neurologist back. She said to increase my keppra and that we are going to do another EEG not this Thursday but next. This will show us where we need to go from here. Please pray that I will have a good week. I don't want these spasms to do any more damage to me. I have lost about 2 pounds. If I lose another half pound I will be back to my weight before I started the steroids. I posted a picture of me sitting in my bumbo seat. You can see that I have lost weight. I can sit in my bumbo for a long time now. Everybody is so proud of me. Thanks for praying for me. I love you!!!

2 comments:

Julie G'sell said...

I'm still praying and keeping the faith.

jedjakemom said...

Monica, I just wanted you and Adam to know that I did not know this was going on with your sweet baby. I suppose living in a small town we take for granted that everyone knows everything. I will be praying for his little body to be healed completely! I was in tears as I read your blog! You and Adam stay strong and REMEMBER nothing is impossible with the GOD we serve and your sweet one was created in His Image and He has a purpose for Jadon! Ms. Cathy