Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An eventful day!!

Well its been a crazy day. I had to go to my pediatricians to get my blood pressure checked. I tried to do it here but for some reason automatic blood pressure machines do not work on me. Its always to high even at childrens. It's probably because I move to much. Well once I got to my pediatricians my blood pressure was ok, but there was another problem. My blood work was abnormal. Well they sent all my information to my neurologist and she changed my medicines. I am retaining to much carbon dioxide. We think it because I'm sleeping to much due to all the medicine I'm on. We decreased my topamax and my clonazepam. Hopefully this will help me stay awake because I sure am sleeping alot. I'm also having about 40 spasms a day. This is still way to many. Please pray that they will decrease and that my carbon dioxide level will normalize. Thanks for all your prayers. If you get a chance listen to the song thats on my page. The doctors keep telling us we just have to wait and see. We have heard this many many times. So while we wait we will serve Him for we know he has a plan for me. I love you!! Jadon

No comments: