Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Oh the side effects are starting.

Well good news is I'm handling the steriods a little better this go round. I am starting to have side effects. My checks are getting bigger, I'm hot all the time, and I want to be held. As long as someone is holding me and I am very content. I'm eating more than usually and waking up throughout the night. If I'm having trouble sleeping my mommy lets me sleep on her chest. As long as I'm there I sleep like a sweet baby. It's been one week since I started this medicine so if I can get through one more week we will start decreasing it. It will take over two weeks to get me off of it though. I can't wait I hate getting shots. As soon as my mom grabs my leg I start crying. I know exactly what is fixing to happen. This makes everyone sad. My big brother even crys. He is so sweet and he loves me very much. I am still having about 30-40 spasms a day. We seem to be stuck at that number. We are very thankful that they are not going up but we sure do wish they would go down. Talk to ya later and thanks for praying!!

No comments: