Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back in the hospital :(


Sorry I haven't updated you but I have been having a rough couple of days. My spasms have been increasing more and more everyday. My doctors tried increasing my medicines but it did not help at all. In fact my spasms just kept getting worse. I had over 150 spasms today so they had to admit me to the hospital. They started me on a high dose of topamax and we are praying that this helps. My poor little body is so tired from all the medicine and seizures. They just wear me out. On a good note it is 3:00 am and I have more energy than I have had all day. Just look at my picture. I am such a happy little boy. My mommy said she will stay up with me as long as I keep laughing and talking to her. The doctors haven't said to much about my EEG that I had Thursday. All we know is that it didn't look much different than the previous one. The doctor who reads the EEGs is out until next week so we will not get a full report until then. This is very good that it hasn't changed much. This means that the steriods did what they were suppose to do to my brain waves. The bad news is I'm still having way to many seizures and my EEG is showing seizure activity. So now we are just trying to see what medicine will help control these mean seizures. Please pray that we can get these under control quickly because we don't need them to do any more damage to me. I love you and will update you again as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just a note to let you know that we're praying for you. Wahl sent me the link to your blog asking us to pray.
Should you ever need someone to pray with you, please feel free to call.
Jason L. Skipper
Pastor, Wilmer Baptist Church