Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2 weeks




It's been two weeks since my surgery and I continue to do extremly well. I'm scooting all over my mommies house. She said I make her nervous but she lets me go. I'm getting stronger and stronger everyday. I have regained all except three of my skills prior to surgery. I'm not crawling, I'm not pulling up and climbing on things, and I'm not walking in my walker. I try to do them but because of my right sided weakness I can't. I'm sure I will get them in the next few weeks. My smile is still a little crooked but it gets better every day. I'm talking and trying to repeat words. Not only can I repeat my words but I'm doing it much better than before surgery. It's really unbelievable. My main problem right now is sleep. I do not want to sleep. I'm up all during the night and I'm only taking one nap a day. I just want to explore and learn. My attention is so much better since my surgery. I can stay focused on one item for several minutes. My mommy and daddy love to just watch me and the things I'm doing. I wanted to let everyone know that some friends of ours of putting a fun run and 5K race together. You can visit the following website for more details. We would love to see you there.




We are also selling t-shirts. Please email my mommy if you would like one. I want to thank Cory and Lori Trahan for designing the shirts. I absolutely love them. I'm leaving you a picture so that you can see what the shirts will look like. My mommies email is monica.pailet@gmail.com




Thank you all so much for praying for me. I'm amazed at how many people are following my story and praying for me. I have so many prayer warriors and I definitely feel your prayers. I'm so thankful that God is using me to touch so many people's lives. My prayer is that everyone who reads about me and follows me will know that there is a God and will become better people because of me. Love you all, Jadon

3 comments:

Jocelyn's IS Journey said...

You are truly an inspiration! Make sure to hug your mommy and daddy lots because they love you so very much!! And don't you worry about that crooked smile...its tooooo adorable :) <3 keep up the good work little man. We're rooting for you :-)

Jaime said...

Jadon has such an amazing surgery and it is absolutely amazing that he is doing so well!!! Your positive attitude and dedication to your children is a big part of his recovery and he is very lucky to have you as him Mom. Ours prayers are with you all. Please give him a hug for me.

Dawson said...

God's miracles happen in so many different ways.. Once again, proof that just because things are one way today,doesn't mean this is the way they will be tomorrow. You guys have done an awesome job of folling HIS plan and its fun to watch all this unfold.