Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A quick update

I'm doing really well. My daddy stayed with me last night and I slept through the night. I'm very content and enjoying not having seizures. The doctors said that it's great that I'm moving my right leg already. It means the transfer of motor function started before surgery. Now the rest has to transfer. Please pray that my motor function will transfer to it's maximum potential, that I will have no seizures , and that I will not need a shunt. Also pray for a speedy recovery. I do have thrush in my mouth but they gave me some medicine for that and I'm better. The next few weeks are very important and we will know more of the total outcome each day. Of course EEG is the only thing that can prove no seizures but we will not do one for a while. I need to heal right now because I'm very weak. So far I'm doing great and we are not seeing any visible seizures. Your prayers are helping so keep them coming. Love you all, Jadon

Sent from my iPhoner

11 comments:

jedjakemom said...

Hang in there lil buddy!

Pattie Steib said...

So happy to hear you're feeling better. You're a special little guy, and we're all praying for the very, very best for you!!

Anonymous said...

I have been following your story for over a year now. It is on theprayerline.com and all I have to say is that they are some very powerful prayer people on that site. I wish you the best and continue to get better. And I will always say a prayer for you and your family.

Nikki DeOliviera said...

Yay! Praise the Lord!!!

Nikki DeOliviera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinsley's mom said...

That is great news look at how GOD is working I will keep you all in my prayer please do the same for us I also have little one about the same age 2/16/10 that has IS we have not found a underline cause yet

Denise said...

Praise Jesus! Praying for you and your family.

Terri Chandler Russell said...

God is Sooooo Good! Heal quickly Jadon!

Joanna V said...

prayers continuing! GOD is GREAT as HE works HIS miracles as the ULTIMATE PHYSICIAN!!

Leona Kinchen said...

Hi there little buddy, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better.I have been asking Jesus, to make you whole.I pray for you every day and for your mommy and daddy too. Jesus, told us in His word that he would never leave us.He was with you when you were in the operating room the other day and was holding your hand and guiding the hands of everyone helping to make you better. I will continue to pray for you and your family .....you take care and here is a big HUG just for you............Leona Kinchen

Anonymous said...

We are adding him to the prayer list at journey fellowship church in lacombe,La