Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not much time to update. It's been a very long and hard day. I have 132 electrodes attached to my brain which means 132 wires. I also have all the other normal hospital wires. I do not like having these wires attached to me. I was doing really well until around 5:30. I started having stomach pains and got sick. So I didn't get to eat anything. I was able to hold down some juice about two hours ago. I'm very agitated. I'm mad because I can't crawl into my moms lap. I keep trying and reaching and crying but they won't let me. Mommy got as close as possible until I went to sleep. They gave me some medicine to help me relax. I'm also having withdraws from my sabril. I haven't had it since yesterday and it's one of those medicines that can effect you that way. So they did order it and gave it to me a little while ago. My seizures are very bad and everytime I have one I cry. The doctor said he is getting plenty of information. He said we will have some results of the EEG tomorrow. Please continue to pray as we will have to make some big decisions tomorrow. Also pray that I will be able to settle down and get some rest.

2 comments:

jane said...

Jadon,you are a very strong little man. You have very strong parents and lots of family and friends praying for you. Stay stong and you will be back in your mommys arms before you know it. We love you and are praying for you every miniute of everyday.

Kyle said...

Working on a lot of prayers for you buddy....Lot of people thinking about you and you have a lot of people who love you! Hang in there!