Jadon's Infantile Spasms Story

I created this blog so that our friends and family will be able to follow Jadon as he fights to overcome Infantile Spasms. I also hope that if anyone else is going through this, they will find this site helpful. I have posted a video of what infantile spasms look like, as well as everything we are going through. I hope by posting this I am able to get help for other children who are having these spasms. The earlier this is diagnosed the better. Feel free to leave me comments. I love to hear from you. If you have any questions just email my mommy. She likes to help people in any way she can.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Better

I'm doing better. Still in pain but I haven't thrown up since my prayer request was sent out last night. God hears And answers our prayers. I'm pretty much sleeping during the day and night now. This is good bc when I'm awake I'm miserable. I do not like the nurses messing with me at all. I throw a fit. I mean a fit. They actually can't believe how strong I am. The best part about today was I got to sleep in my mommies lap. I was so relaxed and peaceful. I'm still not eating anything but I'm drinking a little more. I had trouble peeing today. The medicine is relaxing my muscles and I'm not wanting to use them. Well they were fixing to have to catheterize me. The nurse went to get the stuff. My mommy told my Aunt Mendy to research the Internet and see what would help me go. It said warm water. So we did it. It wasn't working. My mommy started praying some more. The nurse came back got all her stuff out and ready. She was fixing to do it and I went so they didn't have to do it. I'm so glad because it hurts when they do it. They also had to change my bandage today. The plan was to take some wrapping off and add more. Well my entire wrap fell off. I was happy when it did. It felt so good. Mommy saw my cut and it's not as big as we expected. It looked great considering the situation. They rewrapped it and it feels much better. My swelling is very minimal. The doctors commented on how well I'm doing. It's because God has sent his angels to watch over me and protect me. I did lose one of my leads. The charge nurse last night was changing my sheets and messed it up some kind of way. My mommy was so mad. The doctor said it is ok bc they have all the information they need. Thank God they didn't have to repair it. Please continue to pray for me as this is very hard for me. We are feeling your prayers all the way up here. People keep saying how strong my family and I are but I have to give all the credit to God. He is the only one who give us the strength to keep going. We have our moments where we all cry together but we keep trusting in His plan. Love you all, Jadon

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I have just recently heard about Jadon and began to follow his story and now his progress, and I am so touched but yet amazed. As a mother of two grown children I cannot imagine what you all must be going through.The most important thing is to "believe". My mother always said "He will not place in your hands more than you can handle". Of course, you all will continue to be in our prayers.

God Bless
Lynn
Ponchatoula

Renee Ford said...

Just heard about yalls family struggle and wanted you to know the Folsom post office is praying extra for y'all!

rlcobb said...

I am SO relieved to hear Jadon is better. Your last post brought me to tears of joy. I pray that God will continue to heal him. LOVE YOU ALL !
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know Jadon and your family..this is hard on you, but it is also just as hard on your family, especially mommie and daddy...When I read your post this morning, little Jadon, I cried...you are such a strong little boy...I am encouraged and amazed by your strength...I feel honored to share this journey with you..God is there with you, always...I will continue to pray for you, little angel...

God Bless All of You,
Phyllis Lockwood